Friday, January 26, 2007

The end of Cheney?

I've been a fan of The Daily Show since Jon Stewart became the "anchor." Many times it was the only "news" source that would dare address the insanity of American current affairs and would air stories that didn't come straight from the evil - I mean oval office. Lately, American politics has become so disgusting and reportage so close to the borderline that even a parody is more than I can stand and I don't watch it as faithfully as I once did, but I prefer to read than to watch and Comedy Central has a blog.

Listed under Absurd political predictions that do not belong here is a political prediction that is so absurd that it belongs here: Cheney will resign (reasons of health perhaps) to be replaced by Condoleezza Rice. Losing Cheney would be to lose a loser; his approval ratings being on a par with Augusto Pinochet and it would make the GOP seem less of an Old Man's club and create the false perception that the President is actually addressing the crises he caused. Besides, it would Give Bush a VP that he could control completely and his party something unique in 2008 with an incumbent Vice President.

The benefits are too many to list although Comedy Central Insider has been listing them for weeks now and even The New Republic has jumped on the conjecture wagon. I have to admit that it would be a move so brilliantly sinister that I'm beginning to believe in its likelihood.

4 comments:

Crankyboy said...

You're just getting this rumor now? Did it get to you by wagon train? I have some more breaking news for you, we landed men on the moon.

Capt. Fogg said...

"Comedy Central Insider has been listing them for weeks now and even The New Republic has jumped on the conjecture wagon."

Now what part of my post did you have difficulty reading?

Anonymous said...

it's at least 2 years old.

Capt. Fogg said...

Well they've been predicting an apocalypse for about 2000, so. . .