Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Der Flughaven

The average flight delay at FKI is 30 hours longer than next worst airport and the customer service help line connects you to a hat store in Stuttgart, but that's just a minor criticism of Prague's Franz Kafka International Airport. Corridors end in the middle of nowhere and you're likely to spend an eternity in the security check, or should I say Czech.

No, I'm not making it up. You can't make this stuff up, unless you actually are Kafka and of course you couldn't pick a better name for the labyrinthine, frustrating and surreal airport. Czech it out and maybe next time JFK won't seem quite so bad!



And for heaven's sake, don't put FKI on your itinerary on April 1st!

3 comments:

rockync said...

Oh dear, and I was planning a trip there in the next year or so.
Last time I entered the country, I drove in from Frankfurt.
You think the airport is bad, you should have tried crossing the border at a security checkpoint!
Since I speak the language and can usually read enough to get by, I think I'll take my chances... :)

And a happy April Fool's Day to you too!

Capt. Fogg said...

Sprichst du Deutsch?

I went through checkpoint Charlie in Berlin several times back in the mid 60's. The real name should have been checkpoint Kafka.

rockync said...

Nein,Ich sprichen du Cesky.

Which in Czech would be:

Ja mluvim cesky.