Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Fundies get out of Dodge!

The foulest smelling place I have ever been was Dodge City Kansas.  The aroma of the feed lots on a hot day was enough to make me forget all about the history of the place and head out of Dodge at 85 per hour.

Kansas smells a little better today however, at least in a metaphorical sense, now that one Democrat and two moderate Republicans have won the primary election for seats on the Kansas State Board of Education.  So far today the on line poll in the Lawrence Journal-World shows a 90% approval of this development, but of course Lawrence is a university town and one might expect that.  Let’s hope the rest of Kansas will be content to turn fermenting grain into manure and stop cramming their kids’ minds full of bull shit.

2 comments:

Chris the Hippie said...

I went to Kansas once. They all looked so normal there. At least until you tried to talk to them...

I hope the tide turns in Kansas. I truly do. They've been on the spooky fringe for a LONG time.

RR said...

This is the clan that redefined science to include the "super-natural" right?

Amazing...

Sometimes I wish Darwinian selection worked much faster.