Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Bush Vs. the Bushmen

OK, so I didn't watch the State of the Union Address last night. I'm recovering from the flu and my stomach hasn't felt agreeable for the last week. If you want my opinion of last night's bit of vaudeville, Glenn Greenwald does his usual excellent job of giving my opinions better than I can.

I have enough trouble holding dinner down when watching the President at the best of times, so I set the Tivo to record it and watched one of my favorite shows, No Reservations with restaurateur, chef and raconteur Anthony Bourdain.

Wise choice, it proved to be. Instead of watching Bush, I got to watch Bourdain dining in Namibia with the Bushmen: eating charcoal grilled warthog rectum with baked warthog vomit right from the skull. I feel much better this morning and I don't have that nasty taste in my mouth I usually get from watching our president.

6 comments:

Crankyboy said...

And who turned you on to Glenn Greenwald? And who opened your eyes to Anthony Bourdain? If it weren't for me you would never know that warthog rectum (medium -well) is chewy. Or that toasted Acacia beetles taste delicious with a bit of salt. Where's the thanks?

Cranky's Wife said...

actually it was I who made the introduction, thanks very much. Thanks also for making me watch it while i was eating dinner. I'll never be able to eat rigatoni with marinara sauce again.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't watch either... I read the speech after, online, and watched Webb's response on youtube... which was excellent.

Capt. Fogg said...

Greenwald is linked everywhere, and I first read Tony Bourdain when Kitchen Confidential was excerpted in New Yorker many years ago, but if you want gratitude, I'll cook up a fresh batch of Wart Hog head stuffed with fresh vomit - just for you.

Crankyboy said...

A non-denial denial. Your thanks is thus accepted.

Capt. Fogg said...

You want fries with that?