Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Two bucks on the number three pig

Texas – what a place! I have no idea as to whether the bogus claim to victimhood so popular with Fox-watching shitweasels all over America is as popular in Katy, Texas as in other small towns like the one I live in, but the odds are good. I do know that any objections to words and actions that do not make public display of reverence for Christian supremacy do not seem to transfer to respect for other religions in either place.

Witness the New Tradition of the Friday running of the swine in that charming, all American, Texas town. “You’ll love Katy” is the municipal slogan but if you’re Muslim it may not apply, nor would the “Welcome to the heart of Katy” you might see driving west on Interstate 10 from Houston. Some locals object to the presence of Muslims and to the mosque they plan to build on some 12 acres on Baker Road and so one good Christian neighbor has decided to hold pig races adjacent to their future place of worship every Friday to make them feel unwelcome.

I’m sure it will work, although there will probably be less reaction than if the local Jews staged a Sunday Gospel burning at the Katy Mills Mall or the local Spanish speaking population were to sing the National Anthem in something other than English or the village atheist were to hang a God Sucks banner from his window. But I guess every nation, like every animal, needs an anus – and so we have Katy Texas. Even so, there must be some good souls in that Suburban Sodom. I assume that there will be sermons on Sunday, denouncing the intolerance, the “suspect thy neighbor” rhetoric and of course, the pig races – well, at least I hope so. I wouldn’t want to become a cynic.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeesh...

I'm disturbed by the amount of e-mails I get targeting Muslims. I'm reading of people who seriously want to ban certain Muslim sects from the United States now. What's next? Making all Muslims wear a tag on their clothes at all times identifying them as Muslim? As a Christian, the intolerance scares me.

Capt. Fogg said...

Seems we haven't learned much since the 1940's.

Intellectual Insurgent said...

Oh, but we have Captain. We've learned how to be just like those monsters. Why invent new ways to humiliate and marginalize communities when Hitler gave tried and true tactics?

Capt. Fogg said...

I've always thought that with the right leadership, all that could have happened here and might still. Nativism and xenophobia are certainly traditional and they're not going away. It's essential that it be opposed vigorously and relentlessly.

Intellectual Insurgent said...

Absolutely. I'm reading a book about Hitler, called The Third Reich In Power, and there are some troubling parallels.