Friday, December 21, 2007

Merry Christmas

God Damn, I can't wait for Christmas to be over. I used to love the holiday (and yes it is a legal holiday even for those who don't consider it holy.) I like it because it's fun to give presents and because people used to act nicer for a few days in December, before Big Religion regained its strength as a political force against freedom.

Will I live long enough for the idiots to realize that there is no law against saying Merry Christmas and that the alleged "liberal" opposition to freedom of speech is a creation of religious authoritarians who, like the Charles Manson family, are trying to carry out a false flag operation in order to promote and capitalize on sectarian anger.

There's a joke in the New York Times comedy section this morning about a woman named Mary Christmas who has to use the name Happy Holidays when in "blues States." (Yes, some dialects tend to pronounce Mary, marry and merry the same) Does anyone actually think there is a rule or law or statute or official policy regarding what you may call Christmas? Doesn't anyone see that it's people like CNN contributor Roland Martin trying to tell you that only his version of Christmas is official and mandated? If there is any war going on, it's a war against history, against science, against logic, against freedom.

Martin is yet another self appointed ecclesiastical censor writing on cnn.com this morning about how you can't take Christ out of Christmas. Sez who? Isn't it these people who are trying to tell you what to say by pretending that anyone else is trying to tell you not to say Christmas? Hasn't Big Religion been the number one persecutor of free speech since Zeus lost his sandal?
As a citizen of this country, I believe I'm not trespassing on any law by expressing my opinions about whether a certain dead Jew from the Galilee is or isn't the Christ (meaning the annointed king appointed by God) and if I want to put Deus Sol Invictus back in Christmas or call the holiday Mithrasmas, I sure as hell will Mr. Preacher man. You can't make me call him Christ and you can't force me to worship him and you can't push the idea that rulers are appointed by God and can't be opposed and if you're going to imagine a "push to take Christ out of Christmas" I'm going to suggest that you're a liar and an enemy of freedom and should be pushed over the nearest border. Tar and feathers optional.

Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

mrsleep said...

Whatever stirs your drink. I've always been a Merry Christmas man, but can handle Happy Holidays. I've always been a live and let live person. I fight like hell against anyone who tries to tell me there is only ONE way of doing things.

My family roots extend back into Sweden, Denmark, Germany, and an area on the Poland/Russian border.

I've always tried to impress upon my children to know about the traditions, and practices of our ancestors. We've always tried to integrate some reference to historical traditions into how we celebrate the holidays with family.

In a way it's honoring our ancestors for all of the sacrifices they made to made a better life for their families.

At least, that is how I've chosen to view it.

So, enjoy time with friends and family. Enjoy.

Capt. Fogg said...

Good advice - and I agree.