Monday, September 26, 2005

Cindy Sheehan arrested

Cindy Sheehan has finally joined the club; she was arrested and taken away in handcuffs during a protest in front of the White House today. In other news, Iraq is still a vast quagmire of chaos and carnage and her son Casey Sheehan is still dead.

Some idiot from the pro war demonstration yesterday was quoted by an AP reporter as saying Sheehan's protest "can affect the war in a really negative way. It gives the enemy hope." The "enemy", of course is the country we were supposed to "liberate."

Sometimes I have to look around carefully to be sure I haven't somehow fallen through some time warp into 1968. We're fighting for freedom of speech, but you're a traitor if you speak. Sometimes I wish I had been born yesterday like these morons so I wouldn't have to watch history repeat itself. We were held hostage for 15 years with that argument in the 60's and 70's and we are fool enough to fall for it again, only don't plan on there being a "Democracy" in Iraq that soon.

4 comments:

lorena said...

I'd like to kidnap those pro-war demonstrators and de-brainwash them...anyone who uses the word "enemy" in that context just reveals their ignorance on the matter and that they truly need proper educating.

Capt. Fogg said...

If that person ever had a brain to wash, it must have gone down the drain with the rinse water.

phinky said...

During the Kosovo War, they opposed the war. No thoughts on how I felt (yes, I was in the Army at the time and I participated) and whether or not there protests affected my morale. Or did their protests aid and abet the Serbs? Oh wait a minute, IOKIYAR.

Capt. Fogg said...

That's the great thing about starting a war, you get to set aside civil rights and stifle protest and avoid inquiries and make the population really glad you're doing it.

Oh,yes, you get to make billions too.