Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Long night of the American soul

Well my phone has stopped ringing – it must be near the end of the election and not a minute too soon. The cornered Republican Rats have been tormenting the public with their dirty tricks and non-stop phone calls and their jamming of Democratic phone lines. Now they have to get down to the dirty business of stealing the election.

It’s going to be a long night and whether Wednesday is morning in America or a nightmare that won’t end is yet to be determined. If the Republican insurgents win – or rather if they don’t lose, I have to decide whether this has been worth it and whether to continue. I’m running out of words that I can use to express my contempt, loathing, disgust and hatred of the goons and thugs that have stolen my country and if they don’t lose, words will have no effect anyway, so beer and pizza and a long evening it is.

God bless America.

No comments: